In the current circumstances Chambers is offering virtual mini-pupillages. Mini-pupils will sit (remotely) with members of Chambers for one day to obtain experience of Chambers’ work. Virtual mini-pupillages are not assessed.
Applications for mini-pupillages are considered three times a year:
- applications for mini-pupillage within the period 9 November 2020 to 22 January 2021 inclusive (excluding the period 21 December 2020 to 10 January 2021) should be made by 9 October 2020 (GDL students are particularly encouraged to apply in this round);
- applications for mini-pupillage within the period 1 March to 30 April 2021 inclusive (excluding the period 29 March to 11 April 2021) should be made by 29 January 2021; and
- applications for mini-pupillage within the period 7 June to 1 October 2021 inclusive (excluding the period 26 July to 5 September 2021) should be made by 7 May 2021.
Virtual mini-pupillages are funded and all mini-pupils receive an allowance of £50 per day (this allowance is available whether or not any expenses are incurred). In addition, where a mini-pupil’s reasonable costs of attending a mini-pupillage exceed that amount, a further needs-based allowance is available. We ask that successful applicants who wish to apply for the further allowance inform us as soon as possible after accepting an offer of mini-pupillage.
Applications should be made to the Mini-Pupillage Secretary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by means of a full CV and cover letter which should:
- explain why the applicant is interested in undertaking a mini-pupillage in Chambers
- indicate preferred dates for the mini-pupillage
- include full university examination results to date (including first year examinations)
Experience suggests that mini-pupils get most out of their time in Chambers if they are in their second or later year of a law degree or have started the GDL (or are undertaking the BTC). We therefore give priority to such applicants when mini-pupillage rounds are over-subscribed.
In addition to the general mini pupillages outlined above, we are pleased to say that Chambers is offering places on Bridging The Bar’s flagship mini-pupillage scheme. Please click here for further information, including how to apply.
All enquiries relating to pupillages and mini-pupillages should, where possible, be made by email to email@example.com.