23 April 2020
Virtual Conference – Private Client Update: Budget 2020 and recent cases
A virtual Conference to raise funds for Bridge the Gap.
Private Client Update: Budget 2020 and recent cases
Friday 1st May 2020 | 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Tax professionals very kindly give their time and cash to Bridge the Gap throughout the year, but at the moment all other fund raisers have been cancelled. Many taxpayers are likely to be in even greater need of Bridge the Gap services post COVID crisis.
The course will cover:
- COVID related updates
- Transfers of Assets Abroad case update: Fisher, Hoey, Rialas
- Post-Budget update, including changes to excluded property trusts and entrepreneurs relief
- An update on some IHT cases. Routier. Home loans – the way forward. What should taxpayers do post the decision in Herbert Deceased? Recent GAAR Advisory Board decision
- Overview of CGT provisions on property-rich companies (etc.); changes to CGT reporting on disposals of main residence; SDLT non-UK resident surcharge; main residence relief cases
- Issues for trustees, e.g. correcting mistake cases, rectification and rescission
To support this great charity, follow the registration instructions here.